This Elegant Homestead situated on 2 acres of park like gardens approximately 35 km from Durban, has become sought after by tourists and Corporates who want good hospitality, cleanliness, comfort and peace & quiet.
The main house was designed by a Dutch architect and built in 1956 as a family home which was passed down from father to son and remained in the family until 1997 when purchased by Jane & Paul with a view to running a B&B.
Both being professional entertainers, they named the property "Lindisfarne" after the British Folk/Rock Group who were popular during the early 70's.
We are located in Botha's Hill in Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa and form a part of the Thousand Hills Experience Route T1 better known as "The Comrades Route". Botha's Hill is known to have the third healthiest climate in the world. We are considerably cooler than Durban and it is advised some warm clothing always be brought, even in summer.
5 mins to all major freeways 30 mins to Durban Beachfront 40 mins to the Airport 90 mins to Midlands Meander 2 1/2 hours to the Drakensberg Mountain range.
We are within walking distance of Kearsney College and close to Highbury School.
We are ideally situated for all the following major events.
- The Comrades Marathon
- The Duzi Marathon Steam train cycle challenge
- Pietermaritzburg to Durban Walkathon
- SAPPI Horse Trials
- Championship Dog Shows
- KZN Outdoor Leisure Exhibition
- Amashovashova Cycle Race
Tyne Cottage: A delightful self-contained cottage with it's own Carport, parking and entrance. Sleeps 4 (1 double bed and 2 single) has a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom to be shared between the two rooms.
- Portable cot hire
- Shower and kiddies bath in the bathroom
- Airport Transfers
- All linen supplied
- Safe open parking
- DSTV in both bedrooms
- Radio/Alarm in all rooms
- Tea & Coffee facilities
- Disabled Friendly
- Pets by arrangement.
- Gay friendly
- Braai Facilities
- King size or single beds
- Shower en-suite and DSTV
- King size bed or 2 singles
- Full en-suite with bath and shower and DSTV. Extra bed in annexe room
- King size bed and single bed
- DSTV in lounge and bedroom
- Get up close and personal with our Zulu culture at Phezulu, Izinthaba and Jabu's Isithumba cultural villages
- Crocodile and Reptile farm Tala Valley game ranch with night game viewing
- Microlight flips over the 1000 Hills, hang gliding, sky diving
- Plenty of craft and furniture shops
- Horse riding through Shongweni Reserve
- at Drummond Choice wedding venues Restaurants and Pubs
- Heritage Market - Victorian shopping centre Supper Theatre