Dolphin cottage offers a perfect holiday venue - a beautifully appointed
home, only steps away from the Beach. A few meters to the left is the main Salt
Rock Beach, complete with safe swimming facilities, and Salt Rock's well-known
tidal pool. A few meters to the right is the popular Chaka's Rock swimming beach
with tidal pool. The home also offers two large verandah's offering breathtaking
views of the Indian Ocean where you can watch dolphins and whales play. We have
secure parking and are within walking distance of shops and Restaurants.
Children welcome. No pets.
We are located on the Kwazulu Natal North coast, 5km, north of Ballito, in Salt
Rock, and 45km, north of the port city of Durban. Surrounded by golden beaches,
a wonderful tropical climate and lush vegetation, and close to all the tourist
attractions that the "Zulu Kingdom" has to offer.
What you will be able to enjoy at Dolphin Cottage
- Beautiful sandy beaches.
- Regular sightings of whale and dolphin.
- Fishing on the beach (in front of the cottages).
- Incredible sea views from inside and out and direct beach access.
- Two lounges - both sea-facing.
- Fully fitted kitchen with modern conveniences, including fridge/freezer,
- microwave, oven and dishwasher.
- Large dining room seating 12/14.
- Three fully fitted bathrooms, two separate toilets and an outside
- Alarm system linked to a 24 hour armed response service.
- Linen supplied (please bring your own, beach towels and umbrella).
- Elizabeth is available to clean, tidy and make beds at a nominal charge.
Things to do in the area:
- 1x Sea-facing Double bedroom with en-suite - leading onto veranda
- 1 x double bedroom.
- 1 x family room (sleeping 4).
- 1 x double bunk room (sleeping 4).
- 1 x sun lounge (with sleeper couch)
- Tour the Valley of 1000 hills
- Crocodile, Reptile & Animal farms
- uShaka Marine Park (incl. Sea world & Dolphinarium)
- Umgeni Bird park (Durban)
- Sharks Board Umhlanga Rocks
- Port City of Durban and it's many tourist & Shopping attractions.
- The greater St Lucia wetland park (a World Heritage site)
- Hluhluwe/ Umfolozi game reserve (the big five)
- Zululand's many historical battlefields
- Shakaland & The Kingdom Resort (cultural villages)
- Sibaya & Sun Coast casino & Entertainment Complex's.
- Gateway & La Lucia mall shopping and Entertainment complexes.
- Local nature reserves and walking trails.
- Top quality 18-hole golf courses. (Umhlali,
- Maidstone & Prince's Grant)
- Numerous sporting facilities at local clubs
- Micro light flights
- Dolphin & Whale watching boat adventures
- Wreck or recreational diving
- Deep sea, or shoreline fishing
- Swimming, surfing on the local beaches (lifeguard protected)